Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Big Brother!


May 17 is a day that will never be easy.. it is a day that my heart as well as my family's will hurt.. It is the day my brother Ron always turned a year older. This year he would have been 37.. ten years ago we lost him in a car accident. I remember his last birthday we got to celebrate, 27. He came to our house in Ocala, FL.. My brother Seth was graduating highschool.. Ron dressed up in his chef gear and cooked an amazing breakfast of eggs benedict. When Ron was home the house was always filled with laughter.. between his jokes.. and his crazy acting skills as he told them. The last day he was home we spent it in the pool.. my brothers had quite the intense game of pool basketball..Those are memories I cherish..




I admire my brother.. I admire the legacy of his life he left for me to follow and learn from. Ron was not a perfect man..but a man that stood up after mistakes were made and made them right.. A quality I hope to have in common with him! Ron always took care of us "little ones." I can still remember breakfast being made.. He was a gentle soul..He loved people no matter what. He would help anyone he could.. yes even strangers. He had the ability to make my mom laugh like none other. I remember when he first got his bike.. I remember him calling and starting it up over the phone.. he was so proud. I love him.. and always will. The other picture is the last birthday he got to celebrate with his little boy.. his namesake Ron Hohman III.. I can't say I fully understand why he had to go. I can't say I will ever stop hurting and missing him..But I can say I am one lucky little girl to have had him as my brother..




This is the video to a song that I listen to when I am missing him.. I do picture him as an angel beside me.. helping me make it through.. even on days when I don't want to..
XoXo Ron..

1 comment:

  1. Jess - You have written so eloquently and my heart is brimming over with gratitude for my family. It is so hard to smile through the tears today but I know that this is what Ron would tell us today. Happy Birthday, Big Guy! I love you always and miss you every second of every day...

    "Did you ever know that you're my hero
    And everything I would like to be?
    I can fly higher than an eagle
    For you are the wind beneath my wings.

    Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
    so high I almost touch the sky.
    Thank you, thank you,
    thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings."

    ReplyDelete